Fun Friends Activity Book Full Color
- Friends books orders must include 1 new book for every student for program integrity and privacy of each student's words. It is illegal to use the same book for several students or to make power points of book activities.
- Please note that the minimum order includes 20 activity books. Facilitator guides can only be ordered in addition to the activity books. Facilitator guides cannot be bought in isolation.
- Please also note that to order resources you will need to create an account first. Once your account is active you will be able to place orders.
- If you don't have an account yet click here.
- If you already have an account with us, please login.
- If you have not received training in the FRIENDS Programs yet, please visit FRIENDS Training.
The group activities where children learn new skills are crucial to the success of the Fun FRIENDS program. These evidence-based, play-focused activities equip children with these foundational resilience skills in a way that can be easily grasped, understood and used in everyday life:
- Helping other people including family, peers, and teachers
- Self-awareness of body clues (e.g. tense means stressed, butterflies means nervous)
- Relaxation techniques for the body and mind during stressful situations
- Engaging and relate to peers and making friends
After undertaking Fun FRIENDS, parents and teachers may notice the following changes in a child:
- Improved confidence
- Increased ability to cope with stress
- Increased ability to cope with fear
- Enhanced social skills
- Improved ability to communicate better with adults
- Boosted self-esteem
- Increased happiness and enthusiasm
The secret to the Fun FRIENDS Program is the group activities that help children to learn new skills. There are a number of different evidence-based play-focused activities, which help teach the following skills to participants in a way that can be easily grasped, understood and used in everyday life:
- Smiling and making eye contact when communicating
- Speaking with a brave and confident voice
- Talking about and understanding feelings in themselves and others (empathy development)
- Helping other people including family, peers and teachers
- Self-awareness of body clues, e.g. tense means stressed, butterflies means nervous
- Relaxation techniques to relax the body and mind during stressful situations
- Approaching groups of peers and making friends
- Trying new things, and different approaches to problem-solving
- Identifying negative thoughts and turning them into positive thoughts
The structure of the Fun FRIENDS Program is a multi-session course. Each session takes between 2-2.5 hours, depending on the activities chosen by the facilitator. To help participants remember the FRIENDS concepts, and to bring structure to the sessions, we use the following FRIENDS acronym:
- Feelings (talk about your feelings and care about other people’s feelings)
- Relax (do “milkshake” breathing, have some quiet time)
- I can try! (we can all try our best)
- Encourage (step plans to happy home)
- Nurture (quality time together doing fun activities)
- Don’t forget – be brave! (practice skills everyday with friends /family)
- Stay happy
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other FRIENDS Resilience Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.