Important Notice: The new FRIENDS Irish Bookstore
The Friends team have recently launched a new Friends Irish Bookstore to replace this bookstore.
To visit the new store to purchase the Friends Programs books and access the handouts and parent workshop slides along with other new helpful resources please visit https://www.friendsresilience.
If you have any questions please contact itsupport@friendsresilience.
Thank you from the Friends Resilience team
Friends for Life Activity Book
- Friends books orders must include 1 new book for every student for program integrity and privacy of each student's words. It is illegal to use the same book for several students or to make power points of book activities.
- Please note that the minimum order includes 20 activity books. Facilitator guides can only be ordered in addition to the activity books. Facilitator guides cannot be bought in isolation.
- Please also note that to order resources you will need to create an account first. Once your account is active you will be able to place orders.
- If you don't have an account yet click here.
- If you already have an account with us, please login.
- If you have not received training in the FRIENDS Programs yet, please visit FRIENDS Training.
Anxiety affects over 20% of children in this age group. If it is not dealt with appropriately, anxiety can severely impact a child’s development, and can even create problems later in life. Anxiety causes a child excessive worry about things like homework, attending social gatherings, and even non-local events like natural disasters.
The structure of the FRIENDS for Life Program is a 5-session course. Each session takes between 2-2.5 hours depending on the activities chosen by the facilitator. To help participants remember the FRIENDS concepts, and to bring structure to the sessions we use the FRIENDS acronym:
- Feelings (talk about your feelings and care about other people’s feelings)
- Relax (do “milkshake” breathing, have some quiet time)
- I can try! (we can all try our best)
- Encourage (step plans to happy home)
- Nurture (quality time together doing fun activities)
- Don’t forget – be brave! (practice skills every day with friends /family)
- Stay happy
FRIENDS for Life empowers participants to cope with the emotions of themselves and others by engaging with positive thoughts, emotions, and self-regulation strategies. The program also teaches creative alternatives to solve problems they would have previously shied away from, fostering the development of confidence and self-esteem. Most importantly, FRIENDS for Life encourages smiling, happiness and bravery, and facilitates smooth transitions into adolescence.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other FRIENDS Resilience Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.